It’s time to announce our next adventure:
The search for Michigan’s Best Winery.
It’s going to take a lot of research, but I’m ready to tackle the job, one tasting room at a time.
In fact, I spent a little time this weekend on the Leelanau Peninsula, where I visited several wineries. Thanks to our friends at the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trails for showing us around.
Now, it’s time to hear from you — our readers. We need your nominations from the state’s nearly 120 wineries:
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: We are looking for wineries that offer a great overall experience — from a great tasting room to an awesome staff that makes you feel welcome when you walk in the door. They don’t have to offer food or other extras, but feel free to make a case why these are your favorites.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
• Beginning today, use the comments section below to tell us where to find the best winery.
• If you are viewing this entry on a mobile app, click this link to see the full discussion and make a comment.
• Make sure to be as detailed as possible. Describe your favorite winery and tell us what makes it so good. Give us the full name, address and city.
• Feel free to send me photos of your favorite wines and labels, as well as any interior and exterior photos from your wine-tasting adventures. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to put the “name of your winery” and “Michigan’s Best” in the subject field.
• The nomination deadline is 3 p.m. May 1, 2015.
Once we have the nominations, we will give you a chance to vote for your favorites.
After we determine our finalists we will make an itinerary and hit the road.
WHAT IS MICHIGAN’S BEST
In case you have never heard of Michigan’s Best, it’s a fun little series that allows readers to nominate their favorite restaurants (or in this case, wineries), and then vote to help us determine a list of finalists. Once we have our finalists, I travel the state to come up with a list of winners. Complete list of Michigan’s Best winners, plus links to photos, recaps and more.
Originally published at: http://www.mlive.com/dining/index.ssf/2015/04/our_next_search_now_were_looki.html