From Grand Rapids to Petoskey and many places in-between, West Michigan Tourist Association has complied a list of great things to do this February in West Michigan. Whether it’s Valentines Day that you’re celebrating or maybe just the opportunity to get away, these ten events are sure to liven up your month.
Nature School at Outdoor Discovery Center, Holland
- Date – 02/05/2016, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- This nature based learning experience for young children (4-6 yrs.) will incorporate crafts, activities, games, books, songs, live animals, and outside exploration.
- Parents are encouraged to attend with their 4 to 6 year old – though not required.
- Locations: Founders Hall Classroom, 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423
- Fee: $10 per child or $5 per child for members (per class)
- * To register for programs or ask questions, call the ODC at 616-393-9453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dinner and Sleigh Rides at The Terrace Inn, Petoskey
- Each Saturday in February the Terrace Inn hosts Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides through Bay View. There will be a fireplace with cocoa, hot cider or a glass of wine waiting for after this beautiful sleigh ride up north.
- Starting at 5:30 p.m., rides go on the half hour, narrated by Scott Ward, our sleigh driver.
- Rides are $10 for adults..or if you reserve our three course Winter dinner and Sleigh Ride, just $29.95 per adult. Reservations are recommended!
Chocolate & Beer Pairing at Short’s Brewing Company, Bellaire
- Date – 02/10/2016, 11:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Featuring Grocer’s Daughter Chocolate!
- Get ready for Valentine’s Day Wednesday, February 10th with flight of Short’s beer paired with some of Northern Michigan’s best chocolates for $15.00.
- Visit http://shortsbrew.com/grocersdaughterpairing for more information.
Line Dancing at Coopersville Farm Museum
- Dance on over to Coopersville every Friday night at 7pm for a little Line Dancing with Helen Walters!
- Coopersville Farm Museum and Event Center, 375 Main Street, Coopersville, Michigan, 49404.
- Call (616) 997-9225 for more information.
- $5 per person, ½ price for kids and members. now through March 25, 2016.
- Beginners welcome, instruction provided.
Valentine’s Dinner at W.K. Kellogg Manor House, Hickory Corners
- Treat your sweetie to a delicious Valentine’s Dinner on February 13 & 14 at 6:30pm at W.K. Manor House. Located on the highest point of the north end of Gull Lake.
- This four-course gourmet meal will consist of oysters on the half shell served with Asian mignonette and vegetable ribbons; field greens with Chile spiced almonds, candied walnuts, fresh raspberries and honey vinaigrette; and grilled beef tenderloin with a fresh ginger garlic sherry glaze and sesame lime shrimp with accompaniments. You will end the meal with a whipped lavender vanilla chocolate ganache with fresh fruit.
- Dinner prices are $49 per person; tax and gratuity not included. Each guest will also receive a complimentary tour offered after dinner.
- Please visit kbs.msu.edu to register as reservations are required. For more information, contact the KBS Conference Center at (269)671-2400 or e-mail email@example.com.
Canvas d’Vine at The Inn at Bay Harbor, Bay Harbor
- Enjoy Valentine’s Day weekend at The Spa at The Inn at Bay Harbor’s Canvas d’Vine event on Friday, Feb. 12.
- During Canvas d’Vine, participants create their own work of art with step-by-step instructions from a local artist and receive a special Buy One Get One free offer on spa services to treat your special someone.
- The event will start at 6pm and go until 9 pm and $45 per person. Call The Spa at 231.439.4046 to reserve your easel.
Ice Bar Lounge at Downtown Market, Grand Rapids
- February 12-14, 1p-4p
- This heated outdoor happy hour will feature specialty cocktails, craft beer, and select wine. Remember to wear layers because the lounge is completely made of ice!
- THIS IS A CASH BAR LOCATED OUTSIDE, WARM CLOTHING IS ENCOURAGED! HOURS ARE WEATHER DEPENDENT.
Roll Your Own Sushi at Frederik Meijer Gardens, Grand Rapids
- Feb. 2 or 9, 6:30-9 pm
- Learn to roll your own sushi with Maru Sushi’s Chef, Stuart James Christoff. Christoff has worked beside celebrated chefs from Bangkok to Thailand.
- He will teach you about selecting and rolling fresh ingredients, and how to pair them with sake.
- A history of sushi, and a fruit and vegetable carving demonstration will also be featured.
- Come early to walk through The Richard & Helen DeVos Japanese Garden. Fee: $65 per person.
Galentines’s Day in the Parlour @ CityFlatsHotel, Grand Rapids
- February 11th, 2016. 5-7pm
- A Galentine’s day bash you won’t want to miss!
- Grab your girls and get ready for champagne, hors d’oeuvres & treats, styling by The Parlour, and pop up boutiques to pick up the perfect gift for your significant other, your best gal or even yourself! Tickets are just $10 and can be purchased from the Parlour or online at shop.cityflatshotel.com.
- Included with your ticket: A glass of champagne, One complimentary Dry Style, Hors d’oeuvres, Raffle prizes, Goodie bags
Vino-tine’s Day at Fenn Valley, Fennville
- On February 13th and 14th Fenn Valley is offering a limited number of special wine and cheese flights sure to make your holiday special.
- For only $30/couple enjoy 6 wines paired with 5 different cheeses and chocolate to finish.
- Guests also receive a souvenir sparkling wine flute filled with chocolates and a rose for your valentine.