GRAND RAPIDS, MI — We have several sponsors who support “Behind the Mitten.” We thank them in assisting us to spread the word about all the cool things happening in Michigan.
Today, we would like to recognize West Michigan Farmlink, a cool service that links farms/farmers with restaurants/chefs.
Farmlink is based in Grand Rapids.
Check out their website for more info: wmfarmlink.com
Here is how it works:
West Michigan FarmLink is based on a simple model. Every Thursday, our farmers and food producers post their products and prices on our website. We email a consolidated product list to our users every Friday. The order period is open from Friday at 8am to Monday at 3pm. The orders are then sent to the growers who pick and pack your products, delivering them to Farmlink’s warehouse every Wednesday. You can pick up your food products then, or request a delivery.
The benefits to the buyer:
- Easy access to the freshest products West Michigan has to offer
- Access multiple growers through a single, easy to use website
- Consolidate multiple purchases into one accounting transaction
- Receive one delivery from multiple growers and producers
The benefits to the farmer or producer:
- Access multiple wholesale buyers through one point of sale
- Consolidate multiple sales into one accounting transaction
- Develop new revenue streams while cutting delivery costs